The Graph protocol indexes and queries data from blockchains. It decentrailies the query and API layer of Web 3—making it easier for dApp developers to build truly centralized dApps.
- The Graph is an indexing protocol for decentralized applications that allows developers to efficiently access blockchain data . Developers can build subgraphs that define how to ingest, index, and serve blockchain data in a verifiable way.
- There are four types of participants in the protocol:
- Indexers : node operators that stake GRT in order to provide indexing and query processing services. Indexers earn query fees and indexer rewards for their services.
- Curators : subgraph developers, data consumers or community members who signal to Indexers which APIs should be indexed by the protocol.
- Delegators : individuals who would like to contribute to securing the network but do not want to run a Graph Node themselves.
- Consumers : end-users that query subgraphs and pay query fees to the Indexers, Curators and Delegators.
- GRT is the native ERC-20 utility token of The Graph and has the following use cases:
- Staking : Indexers stake GRT to provide indexing and querying services.
- Deposit : Curators deposit GRT into a bonding curve to signal on a specific subgraph and earn a portion of query fees.
- Delegation : Delegators contribute by delegating GRT to existing Indexers and earn a portion of query fees and indexing rewards in return.
- Payment : Consumers pay GRT for subgraph queries to the Indexers, Curators and Delegators.
- Reward : Indexers and Delegators will earn indexing rewards in the form of GRT.
Start Trading Now!
Download the Binance.US app here
This material has been prepared for general informational purposes only and should NOT be: (1) considered an individualized recommendation or advice; and (2) relied upon for any investment activities. All information is provided on an as-is basis and is subject to change without notice, we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any such information. Binance.US does NOT provide investment, legal, or tax advice in any manner or form. The ownership of any investment decision(s) exclusively vests with you after analyzing all possible risk factors and by exercising your own independent discretion. Binance.US shall not be liable for any consequences thereof.